Vocabulary - less common and idiomatic expressions for IELTS, CAE, CPE (TOEFL)
1 - Do you wish you had taken up English earlier?
2 - How easy is it for you to pick up new words in English?
3 - Do English words often slip your mind?
4 - Do you find English grammar to be
- a piece of cake
- an arduaous and intimidating task
5 - How easy is it for you to get your ideas across in English?
6 - Do you know anyone who can pick up a language by visiting the country?
7 - Apart from English, what's a language you think you could get into?
8 - Which of the following best defines you and Engish
- you have a smattering of English
- you have a slight/ good grasp of English
- you have a solid command of English
9 - Regarding learning English, have you ever thought about throwing in the towel?
10 - Do you use technology to enhance the process of language acquisition?
11 - For which reasons are you learning English?
- to broaden your horizons and get to know new cultures?
- to gain a certificate from an overseas university
- to climb the career ladder
- to pursue a different career